Drive Type: Single
Horsepower: 250
Fuel Capacity: 16 Gallons
Fuel Type: Gas
Length: 16 Feet
Hull Material: Wood
Trailer Included: Yes
Price: $10,500

Up for sale is a 1968 Century Cheetah Custom Wood Boat Rum Runner Ski Boat that has been entirely rebuilt and customized. Over $18,000 put into boat plus tons of free labor.

It started life as a full fiberglass ski boat. The entire boat has been totally rebuilt with new or rebuilt parts. It is now a fiberglass hull with a Brazilian Mahogany Wood Deck that looks awesome and is very strong. It is very quick out of the hole and gets to the top speed of 50 mph very fast. The trim tabs allow you to smooth out the bounce you would typically get on this type of Ski Boat Hull and Drive. It sounds very nice around the lake with the V8 and Straight out the Transom Exhaust. Sounds like a Hot Rod..
The Motor is a 1968 Ford 302 V8 with Interceptor exhaust manifolds. completely Rebuilt & Balanced All Felpro Gaskets and new Arp Fasteners. The block and rolling assembly was Line Bored, New Cam Bearings, bored 30 over, Steel crank has been machined 10 under with all new bearings, rods, pistons & rings professionally built with less than 30 hours on it. It has Rebuilt Cast Heads with harden seats, new valves, springs, pushrods, seals, guides, Ford 351 mild cam was selected. new Edelbrock polished intake, polished water pump, Edelbrock carb, new Edelbrock polished fuel pump and filter, polished valve covers, New straight through hull exhaust, new Melling oil pump & pickup. New polished Alternator. Washable K&N Air Filter, New Mallory Distributer and electronic ignition was installed for reliability.. ETC everything was rebuilt or replaced. It runs and sounds sweet. The Velet Drive was completely rebuilt and re-sealed as well as water pickup pump. A new 13/13 Brass Prop was installed. New Cables.

The hull was completely stripped and the deck cut off. The Hull was then fitted with a custom Deck that is all hardwood stating with the bow stringers. Once the deck was reformed a layer of 3/16” Birch Marine Plywood was layered over the top. Then it was layered with Brazilian Mahogany thick planks and sanded and finished to perfection with nine coats of Clear. It has been designed as an old wood Rum Runner Style with a rear cockpit. The helm was completely customized with hardwood dash, new gauges, new steering wheel and all new wiring throughout. A custom Windshield was fabricated and installed. The glass hull was gel coated Black and cleared. All Stainless Steel Fasteners were used throughout the craft. There is one small scratch on side of hull at waterline about 2.5 inches long where a ski hit the side of the boat. I touched it up but it is noticeable upon close inspection. There are a couple small scratches in the deck and hull that were touched up due to their small size. The boat is used but in Great shape and get a ton of attention where ever it goes.

This boat was completed Late July 2012 and was only used a few times. I burnt 1 tank of Fuel breaking it in the 2-2.5 more tanks skiing, tubing and cruising over the last couple seasons.. It is still like new with very little signs of wear. It includes a custom trailer that has had the tongue shortened for easy storage and loading hauls very nice and smooth at 70 mph. The trailer has been primed & painted Black with a silver stripe and wood runners for steps to board the craft on the trailer. I have made a fitting that will sandwich between the trailer and the Hull and allow you to hook up a hose and run the motor for maintenance and Winterization on the trailer. The trailer shows very little signs of wear with new paint, tires. Bearings, hitch and less than 300 miles since restoring it.

The entire front section under the deck is carpeted and a hatch was installed for easy access to large Cuddy Cabin / Storage Area. Under the cuddy the front engine access snaps right off. The Sides and front cover can be removed easily for 360 degree full access to perform maintenance. Petcock were put in Exhaust manifolds and block for easy winterization. Fuel shut off and battery shutoffs were installed in the drivers cockpit. All fuses are located under dash for easy access. The boat was constructed using the Gentleman's Racer Plans. All systems are clean and finished with easy access to all controls, plugs and shutoffs. It was built and designed for ease of use and maintenance.

The cockpit is user friendly with new gauges for Temp, Oil, Volts, Fuel and a GPS Speedometer was installed as well as new trim tab controls the will smooth out the bow at high speeds and allow for fast plaining. They are electric Planer Boards mounted on the transom.
Basically this boat is brand new with less than 30 Hours on it. It shows very well and get a ton of attention where ever it goes.

The 2nd oil change was just performed; I am using Valvoline VR1 10w-30 for the zinc. I also just pulled the valve Covers and inspected the top end as well as make some adjustments to the rocker arms.
This boat is from my private collection of classic boats and cars.
I invite you to come see and inspect this craft. You will not be disappointed.
I can send specific photos for potential buyers. A complete build Book / CD of photos will be given to buyer
I have described this boat to the best of my ability and knowledge.
It is for sale as is where is with no warranty expressed or implied.
I will aid in loading for Shipment to wherever you are. At Buyer Expense

Signs of wear include: a Small Scratch in lower part of hull about 3 inches long that was touched up, Some light Surface scratches in the Clear on the Deck, will buff out, some fine scratches in the Windshield Glass

Year
Make
Century
Model
Cheetah
Price
$10,500
City
Howell

Attachments

• 8773097.jpg
    8773097.jpg