Search

1979 Fortier 26' Lobster Style Boat

1K Total Thread Views

klbutler

Reaction Score
A beautiful Fortier 26 with teak floors, large cuddy cabin. Great for daycruising and fishing. One of the few Fortiers located in Florida. Many upgrade and improvements to the engine under my care including:

Brand new Turbo intercooler
Professionally rebuilt turbo
Rebuilt heat exchanger
Rebuilt coolant tank (rebored and rethreaded with reinforcement)
Replaced packing shaft with PYI PSS seal
New Blue Sea Systems Electrical Panel
Depth Sounder
GPS Garmin 740s
Handheld VHF Meticulously cleaned Exhaust Manifold
Created a sheet with an exhaustive list of part numbers and suppliers
Removed rear controls and rear rudder linkage
Cruise 13.7kts Max 15kts
Perkins T6.354 165hp / 145shp
3/4" shaft
17 x 19 Propeller (I think it could go to a 17 x 22 based upon calculations)
Needs a fuel pump but runs with a small diesel drip ($750 + $500 labor est)
Needs shaft to be trued and new cutlass bearing ($500 + $500 est) I have the cutlass bearing already.

My family and I love this boat. It's unique, heavy and sturdy on the water. Gets a lot of looks in Florida. We are moving back to Tennessee and could take it up to the lakes, but I really don't think we will get as much use out of it there. This boat has a full keel. I painstakingly refinished the teak floors. They are beautiful. Next project is to refinish the teak side rails.

Link to Photos https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=T0RkSFZPMjdueG5kV015VmtWM1RIbVdqOHVrZVJR

Link to Info Sheet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lT3QxrMhqAulvRGxP_qPHOr7G95YzAG_eSAY7TXq17E/edit?usp=sharing

This boat needs very little work so it makes for a manageable project boat that you can still enjoy. Less… Galley Equipment Sink Fresh Water Cabinets Mechanical Equipment 2 Bilge Pumps 1 Manual Bilge Pump Windlass Accommodations V-Berth Navigation Systems Garmin GPS 740s (most current software) Additional Equipment Blue Sea Electrical Panel 10+3 DC / Voltmeter / Ammeter switchable Total Power 165.0 hp

Year
Make
Fortier
Model
Fortier 26
Price
City
St Pete Beach